For information regarding Cookies please check our Cookies Policy Page
Table of Contents
You may also choose to provide additional Personal Information such as age, gender, school, and demographic information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. We may send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you submit to confirm your registration. If you choose not to create an Account, you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site.
The table below describes the Personal Information collected by GWC from users of the Site, whether providing it is mandatory or optional, and how it is used:
|Personal Information collected by GWC||Mandatory/Optional||How this Personal Information is used|
|First name, last name, birthday and email address||Mandatory, on registration||To create an Account. We may use your email to send you important information regarding the Site, changes of our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, if you have provided an email, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.|
|Age||Mandatory, on registration||For our internal business purposes, including for data analysis and audits. We may use this data, in conjunction with other sources of data (for example, responses to surveys we administer to stakeholders; data obtained from the National Student Clearinghouse) to assess the quality and impact of our programs, and inform you of program which may be of interest to you, and ongoing program planning and improvements.|
|School||Mandatory, upon joining a Club||Same as above for “Age”.|
|Demographic Information||Mandatory, upon joining a Club||Same as above for “Age”.|
|“Contact Us” Information such as your name and email address.||Optional –users are not required to contact us.||This information may be collected when users submit an online form that we make available or send an email to us. It is used to contact a user interested in receiving information about our Site in general or our different programs in particular.|
|Information generated from log files, which include information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, types of browsers, Internet Service Providers (ISP), date/time stamps, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us.||Mandatory||We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.|
|IP address||Optional/Mandatory – Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. “Cookies” are small text files that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Site. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.||This data from cookies is collected in order for us to provide our site and keep you logged in. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a user|
|Personal Information such as email addresses or third party website account user names and ID.||Optional – if users invite a friend to use our Site.||This data is used in order to enable you to invite your friends to use our Site by sending them an invitation email or message. Inviting friends may be done by either using the Site to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or by using the Site to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address (for example, a Gmail address).|
|User Submissions||Optional – This is only currently relevant for the Project Gallery website. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.||This information may be publicly available to other Site users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site.|
|Criminal & Identity Background Screenings||consent||Applicants for adults administering and/or hosting programs (SIP, Clubs, Campus) are required to provide personal information to verify eligibility, which is reviewed internally by GWC Staff.|
|Financial Document for Income Verification||consent||Applicants for stipend application upload documents to confirm program eligibility, which is reviewed internally by GWC Staff.|
- Publicly Available Information. Any content that you post on or via the Site (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other Site users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
6.2. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GWC, our users, yourself or the public.
- Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Site and enhance your experience with the Site. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Site.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Site-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email that we send. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Site.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
- Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
- Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
- Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
- Deletion of Content from California Residents. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.